Phased Array Wheel Probe
C-Scan Inspection without Immersion
Olympus introduces the RollerFORM™, a new phased array wheel probe designed to address the inspection of composites and other smooth-surfaced materials, such as those commonly used by the aerospace industry. An affordable and easy-to-implement replacement for full 2-D encoding systems, the RollerFORM also offers a viable alternative to immersion techniques.
The unique tire material of the RollerFORM has been specifically developed to guarantee high-quality, immersion-like ultrasonic testing. Minimal couplant and pressure is required for the RollerFORM to provide excellent coupling and a strong signal, even in difficult scanning positions.
• Exceptional coupling, requiring minimal couplant.
• Acoustic impedance similar to water.
• 25 mm water delay line enables inspection of composites up to 50 mm thick.
• Up to 51.2 mm wide beam coverage.
• Can be used in accordance with existing aircraft manufacturer procedures.